Available in Caldwell, Burke, Catawba, Alexander, McDowell, Lincoln, Gaston and Cleveland counties.
Through Innovations (Medicaid) funding ComServ, Inc. has the skills and resources to provide a break for caregivers to take time to rest and recharge from the day to day commitments of supporting a person with a disability and often the whole family. Rrespite services provides the family/ caregiver and a person with a disability with a planned, short-term, time-limited break from their usual caring role. It is a service that also ensures the person who is supported by the Innovations Waiver has an enjoyable break doing activities of their choosing. Respite 's goal is to provide a positive experience for both the caregiver and the person with a disability. The service is provided to children over the age of three and adults.
Goals of Respite services are:
- Reduce stress and help maintain family relations
- Assist and strengthen the family as a unit
- Contribute to good physical and emotional health and allow families to successfully continue caring for their children or adult family member at home
- Provide families time to rest, relax, and recreat
- Help families through periods of crisis and adjustment
- Help improve long-term family stability and reduce the need for out-of-home placements or lessens the need for long-term residential services
For more information contact: Gastonia Office – 980-320-1753
TTY – 980-320-1757
Morganton Office – 828-438-6026
TTY – 828-430-7194
North Carolina Respite Coalition - northcarolinarespitecarecoalition.org
ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center - archrespite.org
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services - www.ncdhhs.gov