Your Privacy Rights ⇔ HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1965)
ComServ, Inc. is required by federal law to protect the privacy of health information about individuals who have received services in the past and who are currently receiving services. This information may be information about the health care we provide, or payment for services. It may also be information about the past, present or future medical condition of an individual.
What Rights Does The Privacy Rule Give Me Over My Health Information
ComServ, Inc. must comply with your right to:
- Ask to see and get a copy of your health record
- Have corrections added to your health information
- Receive a notice that tells you how your health information may be used and shared
- Decide if you want to give your permission before your health information can be used or shared for certain purposes, such as for marketing
- Get a report on when and why your health information was shared for certain purposes
If you believe your rights are being denied or your health information isn’t being protected, you can file a complaint with your provider or health insurer you can file a complaint with the U.S. Government.
- You should get to know these important rights, which help you protect your health information.
- You can ask your provider or health insurer questions about your rights.
- Learn more about your health information privacy rights at US Department of Health and Human Services - Understanding Health Information Privacy Rule